Charge From Home
Electric Vehicle Charging
EV Charging Installation
With a Home EV Charger installed, you can gain full control over when you Charge your Electric Car and for how long. Compared to the standard public charging points, home EV Chargers also charger a lot quicker! Meaning you can spend your time more wisely.
Please Contact Us for a
Free EV Charger Quote
EV Chargers for Home and Business
We offer quality EV charger installation services that are tailored to your specific needs. Whether you're a homeowner or a business owner, we have the expertise and experience to get your EV charger up and running in no time.
Electric Car Chargers
Electric vehicle (EV) car chargers use an electrical outlet to actively charge the batteries of electric vehicles. They come in different types with each type serving a unique purpose, with the most common being:
- Level 1 chargers: These charges use a standard 120V household electrical outlet making them the slowest type of charger. Most electric vehicles come with a level 1 charger so EV owners can charge their vehicle overnight at home.
- Level 2 chargers: These chargers use a 240V electrical outlet, similar to the one used for a clothes dryer or oven, and can recharge an electric vehicle in 4-8 hours. Typically, level 2 chargers are what you find in household, workplace, and public charging stations.
- DC fast chargers: As the quickest type of EV charger currently available, DC fast chargers can recharge an electric vehicle in 30 minutes to an hour. They use direct current (DC) power instead of alternating current (AC). However, due to their cost, they are typically only used for commercial and public charging stations. Various factors, such as battery size, charger type, and on-board charging equipment, determine an EV’s charging speed. If you’re wondering “how many solar panels do I need to charge my electric vehicle,” you’ll need to consider these factors. You also need to consider the amount of solar energy your property can harness. Your local solar installer can help you determine the amount of solar energy your household can generate.
Top 5 benefits of EV Chargers:
There are several benefits of using electric vehicle (EV) car chargers:
- Environmentally friendly: EVs produce zero tailpipe emissions, making them a cleaner alternative to traditional gasoline-powered vehicles. Charging EVs with renewable energy sources such as solar or wind power can further reduce their carbon footprint.
- Lower fuel costs: Compared to gasoline, the cost of electricity is almost negligible. On top of these already low costs, the increasing availability of renewable energy sources is expected to further decrease the cost of electricity over time. This can result in significant savings for EV owners compared to gasoline-powered vehicles.
- Convenient charging options: With the increasing popularity of EVs, more charging stations are being installed in homes, workplaces, and public areas. This makes it easier for EV owners to charge their vehicles and reduces the “range anxiety” associated with driving an EV.
- Improved driving experience: EVs offer a smooth and quiet driving experience with instant torque from the electric motor. They also generally require less maintenance than gasoline-powered vehicles as they use fewer moving parts.
- Positive impact on the grid: With smart charging and grid management, EVs can help balance the grid and reduce peak demand. This can help utilities manage the energy system more efficiently and reduce the need for expensive infrastructure upgrades.